- Stops foreclosure lawsuits and lets you catch up on your overdue mortgage payments. You get to keep your house and personal property.
- This type of Bankruptcy allows you to keep assets you would otherwise have to give up in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
- You can reduce or sometimes eliminate your credit card debt as part of this chapter of Bankruptcy.
- You can restore your driving privileges in some cases where a Motor Vehicle Surcharge has been assessed.
- Some people will earn too much money to qualify for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy but may still obtain relief by filing under Chapter 13.
- You can take up to five years to work out your debts.